Thursday, January 26, 2012

Twitter Questions and Tips

I'm prepping for a workshop on Twitter for Professional Learning that I will be facilitating at the TCEA 2012 convention in a couple of weeks. Today, as I was discussing my agenda with a colleague, she offered up a suggestion for something I should include. It was an awesome suggestion, and it made me realize that there are probably a lot more suggestions out there in my PLN! So, here I am, asking you for input on what important info you think I should include.

The workshop is aimed at folks who are brand new to Twitter. With that in mind, here are my questions for you:

  1. If you are new to Twitter, or can remember when you were, what questions do/did you have about how the Twitterverse works? Anything you are/were confused about?
  2. If you've been using Twitter for a while, what are the top one or two pieces of advice you would give to someone who is just starting out? Links to your favorite resources would also be wonderful!
If you'll take a couple of minutes to answer one or both of these questions, I'd really appreciate it. As I have time while prepping for my presentation, I'll also try to answer any questions left here. I hope commenters will feel free to answer each other's questions or expand on each other's ideas as well. Your participation will serve as a great example of how my Twitter PLN benefits my learning and the learning I pass on to others.

Thank you in advance!